Tuesday, July 30

Golf 2013

Who doesn't love a golf tournament? Prior to April 29, 2013 I had never hosted a golf tournament or even attended one for that matter. The closest I get to playing golf is owning a set of golf clubs, that 2 years later still have the celophane on them.

I was presented with the task of changing the course, ideally to a private course that most of our board members, physicians and community members have not been able to play. After a lot of research and free lunches at various courses around Orange County, we decided on Mesa Verde Country Club in Costa Mesa. The staff at this course were amazing! I barely felt like I had to do a single thing all day.    

 

Each golf cart was personalized with guests' names, corporate sponsor and our event logo (all created by Mesa Verde for us!- another huge Thank You to them!). Mesa Verde's staff placed each guests' clubs on their carts while guests checked in, ate a light breakfast and warmed up on the driving range. (pictured above).


Before tee off, guests also could pay a minimal fee to participate in a putting contest and win a set of Golf Clubs!


  

                                                       My fabulous printer (NDM Communications) created this massive banner that you could see from miles away!
 
I wasn't kidding when I said it was massive! All of our major donors were listed on it.

  
At various holes around the course, guests could enjoy food and drinks from some of our favorites!



Hanger 24 is a crafter Brewery out of Redlands that makes some incredible beers and I was so THRILLED to have them as part of our event!












Stonefire Grill, another local FAVORITE came out to support us and serve up some delicious bites!






Another huge THANK YOU goes out to Vince Ferragmo for all of his support! He donated a bottle of wine that he made to be auctioned off. I think you can see the glee in our winner's face!


My fabulous team and one of our amazing committee members! I could not do what I do without these fabulous people!

No comments: